Friday, April 3, 2009

T - 5 Weeks







Well~The whole goal of posting at least weekly is off to a rocky start. Rob reminded me yesterday that I needed to get on this. "Chop Chop" were his exact words.




Things in the Brown household are still crazy, (does it ever change?!?). Last Sunday, March 29th, we celebrated Grandma Vera's 78th birthday at mom & dad's house. Thank goodness it was there. I don't know where else we would have put the more than 50 people that showed up to help her celebrate. Uncle Jon suggested that we rent the local VFW, after everyone started to show up. We had a GREAT time. Grandma was so happy to see everyone. Of course, there was a TON of food. She out did herself again.




On Monday, Rob invited my family & his mom and Mike to our place for Ribs & Pork Loin on the grill. It was delicious. That night around 12:30am, Ava woke up with the flu. She was miserable & up the rest of the night. She finally stopped around 5am. I didn't feel so well, so Rob got up with her the last few times. Around 8am, Rob had it. 3 down 1 to go was all I could think. It was a miserable day. Having the flu when you're 8 months pregnant is NOT fun. Ava was pretty well back to normal by late afternoon, Rob started feeling better late that night & I was finally feeling better on Wednesday morning when I woke up. Mollie never got it thank goodness. She was a helper though! We found out that this flu made it's rounds. Matt & Katlyn had it, Jill, Grace & Eyan had it, Uncle Al & Uncle Jon had it, along with Victoria. What a bummer.




Wednesday morning I went to the Dr. I have to go back again next week. She's giving me until then to see if I can change things or she will look at putting me on bed rest. The bottom number of my blood pressure was 76 at my last appointment 1 1/2 weeks ago, on Wednesday it was 89. I also lost 9 lbs since my last appointment, and had only gained a total of 14. So hopefully, the 5 remaining lbs is all baby. I don't think that she's so concerned with the weight, it's the blood pressure. I was pretty disappointed. I have been trying so hard to keep my blood pressure down, and with only 5 weeks to go, I was hoping that things would be different. Oh well. I guess I should be thankful that if I am put on bed rest, it would only be for 4 weeks. Could be worse I guess. I'm just not very good at sitting around with nothing to do.




Mollie is officially registered for Kindergarten! She is SO excited & asks every morning when she starts. "Mommy, do I go to Char's today, or do I get to go to school?" (I have a feeling it's going to be a long summer) I told her that when the weather is nice we will start practicing her "walk to school".




It's Friday. What a relief! It's been a long week. I'm hoping that Phil Shreck is wrong with his weather forecast. Mollie is supposed to have her first Soccer game on Saturday pending the weather. Keep your fingers crossed that the four letter word they're forecasting misses us.






I hope that everyone is doing well. I can't believe that Easter is next weekend already. Hopefully the weather will be nice for all of those little ones looking forward to the Easter Egg Hunts!






Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment