Monday, November 7, 2011

39 weeks tomorrow!!!

Well, the homestretch is here. Tomorrow marks 39 weeks. I made it! Unless God has other plans, the baby will be here Wednesday morning. 2 whole days. I think I can make it!!
Things have been pretty laid back around here, that is until this morning. Rob woke up & couldn't open his eyes. They were mattered shut, really watery & really red. He seemed to be in quite a bit of pain. I called Dr Billars office, (my eye Dr) to see if they could get Rob in today. They were booked, but told me to bring him in & they would see him in between patients. Good thing we took him in. He ended up having to have surgery on his eye this morning. Somehow, Rob got a piece of metal embedded in the cornea of his right eye. Dr Billars said that had we not been in & gotten this taken care of, Rob would have ended up in the hospital within 2 days. That could have been a small issue! Anyway, he isn't sure how it happened, only thinks that when he went to the leaf drop yesterday, it was super windy & he got something in it then. He said yesterday a couple of times that his eye was bugging him & asked me if I could see anything in it, but I couldn't. He's home now & says it feels a bit better. I'm pretty sure that it still stings quite a bit and it's still pretty watery, but at least he can open it in a dark room. Dr Billars said that he should be feeling much better tomorrow.
Well, that's the latest in a nut shell. I don't know that I will post again before the baby. Rob & I have to be at the hospital on Wednesday morning at 5:30am. We'll keep everyone posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment